Thursday, September 14, 2006

Amongst the Silky Oaks

Behind the Silky Oak trees a whispering sound can be heard on quiet days. When the whole world stands still for that magic moment as if all creation is holdong its breath I can hear them again. Once I happened to be amongst the trees when this happened and out of the corner of my eye I saw a long pale elegant hand pull open the fabric of the bush around me as iff pulling back a curtain. Wider and wider...and for a moment, the briefest moment I glimpsed two unusual ladies and heard them whispering words which spun past me like a breathy velvet. I turned to look andthe pale hand quickly pulled the curtain shut and the world returned to what we think of as normal... but was it? What is normal? The extraordinary seemed totally normal to me in those few moments.

I know now that when all the world stops and the whispering starts again, the curtain has been once again pulled back... but I will never go over there on those sorts of days because it is their place now and not mine. In never was mine anyway.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: