Friday, November 24, 2006

This is the sunset faery. She is seen just as the sun begins to disappear beyind the blue mountains of the horizon. She stands so still and issort of transparent that its easy to miss seeing her. Then when you do see her it seems so normal that its only later that you recall seeing her... its always like that. Sometimes she appears so detached from the world on the ground around her it feels a bit frightening...or "other" but then when I remember the look in her eyes as the rich golds of the setting sun settle on her face and hair, all feels right and full of a compassion which is as big as the universe.

We humand like to think its all directed at us, affected by us and all for our benefit...and maybe it is this detachment from anything which we can change which makes us feel frightened. I wish I knew more about what she sees and has seen and will see long after I am .
 Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

MC, I always see her! I recognize her by her color.

Another beautiful drawing!

Purr said...

I love the way this drawing is just the one colour this is my favorite so far.

Steven said...

I Like your drawing. You've definitly got a distinctive style to your work.

Steve~

STAG said...

Thank you SO MUCH for visiting my little blog. It is not as nice as yours....you are an artist!

Vegemite....think you have to born to it. I thought it was a sick sort of joke when my Aussie visitors had it for breakfast one day! On the other hand, we in Canada eat tree sap, seaweed, and brew beer flavored with spruce needles.

And I think I see a frost faery at my window right now....

(By the by....you have to look closer at the picture...to see why the wrong guy is going to get the knee to the groin....grin! Thats why the post is entitled "there aint no justice!")