Wednesday, November 15, 2006

"We're happy little Vegemites as bright as bright can be. We all enjoy our Vegemite for breakfast lunch and tea . Our mother says we're growing stronger every single week because we love our Vegemite. We all adore our Vegemite. It puts a rose in every cheek." I don't even think about it, but everymorning when I am trying to decide between Vegemite or Russian Caviar on my toast the Vegemite faery sings so sweetly in my ear just about the one song I can remember from my childhood...and ...(sigh)...I put away the Caviar and I pull out the red and yellow jar and slather the lovely stuff thickly right to the edges and I am happy...it doesn't take much. The Vegemite faery says its okay to lick the knife as long as I don't cut my tongue in two like Mum said I might. So far so good...k Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vegemite! That is so funny! What is it with you Aussies and your Vegemite? I tried it once and it was so salty it made me wince.

Perhaps it's an acquired taste? ;)

Great drawing -- reminds me a little of Picasso's absynthe drinker. ;)